Tuesday, September 28, 2004

YumYuck.com - A good start

Been looking through http://www.yumyuck.com/ and although I like the simplicity of it (a wine either tastes good or bad) I'm not sure I like the "interview" that attempts to correlate my taste in coffee, snack foods, and beer with suitable wines. Frankly, I like lots of different wines, even (gasp!) dry pink wines chilled during the summer.

I resent such simplistic approaches to marketing wines, you can't just pigeon-hole people into convenient types of drinkers (dry red, blush, dry white, sweet white, etc) as it not only limits their potential exposure to other wines, it also limits the industry. Let's try a holistic look at wine as a beverage rather than continuing to proliferate the concept of ranking consumers into their respective groups. Perish the thought that I might like to try some GrĂ¼ner Veltliner or an Amarone tonight.......


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by to drop a line on the Oklahoma Wine News blog.

If you ever find yourself trapped in the flyover states, we would love to hear your tasting notes on some of Oklahoma's winemaking efforts.

Thomas P Jones
webmaster@nuyakacreek.com

Oklahoma Wine News Blog- http://www.nuyakacreek.com/blog/blogger.html

September 29, 2004 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home