Friday, January 27, 2006

More Distributor Spin

Fired up after losing a battle in Michigan, wine distributors in Virgina are trying to prevent VA wineries from self-distributing directly to wine shops and restaurants according to this Times Dispatch article.

To claim that the bill would put wine wholesalers out of business (they would only lose some of their Virgina wines, not their California, Chiliean, French, German, South African, Italian, Australian, Kiwi, etc. wines) is ludicrous. I also doubt their claim of 3,400 employees in the Virgina distribution business and I certainly doubt that any of them would lose their jobs over it.

Hopefully, the Virginia legislature reads up on some of the distributors spin tactics in Michigan, ignore the doom-filled rhetoric and act to help Virginia's small but historic industry.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I read one of these posts...either here, on Tom's blog, or wherever...I just get so pissed off.

Stupidity annoys me I guess.

January 27, 2006 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home