Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wine country in November

This is why I live here...

No matter where I've been, I just can't seem to get these images out of my mind, and always get drawn back to Northern California....
And to be fair, there ARE plenty of beautiful places in the states and in the world with plenty of local color, but this place is just the supreme magnet in that sense for me.
As always, I'll be giving thanks tomorrow for a wonderful family, strong local economy, and of course the fantastic scenery...which magically alleviates all the hard work of harvesting grapes and making wine...
Incidentally, we'll be opening at least "some" of my cached "best" bottles, as it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without sharing!
Though I reserve the right to "hold" some bottles for other holidays....

I must confess, I'll also be giving thanks for the wine buffs and consumers out there...without all of you consumers - regardless of level of interest in wine...well, I'd probably be raising sheep or cattle here instead...and it wouldn't be so damned beautiful!
Cheers to all of you wine lovers out there - wherever you may find yourself this weekend, my glass is raised to you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks a little like Pagani Ranch.

tom wark...

November 22, 2007 8:10 AM  
Blogger St. Vini said...

Could be in your neck of the woods, Tom...

I wasn't trying to say "Why I live HERE" (specific place) - but here in the more general sense of "wine country"...

That stretch of Hwy12 from BR Cohn to St.Francis I think is the most photogenic in Sonoma County.

The photo in the middle is from my place, though knowing that wouldn't help anyone pinpoint my pad...

V

November 23, 2007 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home